Saturday, February 05, 2005

Here we are.

So here we are….
My name is luke and I’m an oZstraylian from Melbourne.
I hope you will enjoy my journey and my photos.

I’ve started this blog cos I want to keep a visual and text archive of my thoughts on politics and the squats that I both stay in and help to maintain all over this wide world.

In short I like to take photos of these places, the people who I encounter and record their stories and their ideas. I’d like to keep this fresh in my mind so come back on it when I want to reflect on my experience.

So this is more for myself than for anyone else, but you are all welcome to join me.

I’ve been on the go now for 3 years visiting different squats and place around Europe and now I have settled down for a bit in a town I have come to both love and hate.

I live in a city called Leiden, which is about 20 min outside of Amsterdam on the train and about 10 min from Den Hague, you know the place where Slobberdan ( however you spell his name) is hanging out right now along with a few other genocidal fuckers.



This is the house where I now live! Yes it’s a squat.
It’s been squatted now for over 10 years and it’s owned by the city council.
Back in the 80’s the Netherlands was a heaven for squatting. If a building was empty for more than a month it was ripe to be squatted!! All nice and legal. They have changed the law now, so we have to wait a full 12 months but this building is a left over from the good old days!



Below is a pirate radio station where I have a program once a week.
You can listen on the net if you want. I’ll post the address soon.

Well, I'm going to leave this as my first post. Sorry it's a bit short but i don't have time right now to make it any longer.

I really look forward to posting more stuff soon!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home